David and Tamler return to the minefield of campus politics and talk about recent events at Yale, Missouri, and Amherst. Are the protests are long overdue response to systematic oppression and prejudice? Or is this new generation of students coddled, hypersensitive, and hostile to free speech? A little bit of both? Can our hosts get through this episode without fighting?
- The New Intolerance of Student Activism by Conor Friedersdorf [theatlantic.com]
- President Peter Salovey's statement to Yale community [news.yale.edu]
- 2015 University of Missouri Protests [wikipedia.org]
- Amherst College Uprising (with list of demands) [amherstuprising.com]
- Vlad Chituc (@vladchituc) [vladchituc.com]
Support Very Bad Wizards